Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Putting things back in perspective

I don't know why I only post to this blog, what, once a year? That part of me that yearns to get thoughts and feelings out lies dormant, most of the time, I guess. I like to call it my "pensive" self. I would say that for many years this was a dominant part of my personality and now, well now it is simply a mood I get in to now and again. And sometimes, I need to purge to put myself directly in the spot I need and want to be: right here, right now. It's Gavin's fault. I start listening to him (really listening, not just background noise...but the whole "Oh wow, look at what he said there, etc.) You get what I mean. And suddenly my thoughts begin to wander here and there and I do my best to keep up with them. So here are my scattered thoughts for the day:

I miss my guitar. And I wish I knew how to play the piano. I used to be able to play the piano when I was younger, but I could only play really simple songs. And, in regards to my guitar, I can only strum (picking is out of the question). This is a coordination thing, isn't it? I would love to be able to play for myself, to accompany myself on either the guitar or the piano, while I sing. Because I love to sing. And wouldn't it be great to be able to write music too? So many things I WANT. Like what I've just mentioned and a home of my own, and a family of my own, and some new clothes. It is so easy to get caught up in the things we want and easy to forget about the things we have (over and over again it all comes back to "complete acceptance of what is"...bless you Eckart Toelle). So, I'll allow that to roll on off my back, and go on about my day. Run my errands (I have a car) and head home (I have a place to live). Then I'll work out (I have the motivation to keep my body in shape). Then I'll make something to eat (I have enough money to put food in my belly...mmm...spaghetti with whole wheat pasta). Then I'll plop down on the couch and study for my test (I have the passion to learn new and interesting things) with my cats by my side (I have many "people" who love me). Ahh...perspective. *sigh*.

No comments: